About the Company and Role:
Apton Biosystems is a biotechnology instrumentation platform company pioneering super-resolution imaging to provide the world’s most-dense DNA sequencing and single molecule detection. We seek a highly skilled and motivated VP of Product Development to join our fast-paced and collaborative team. The successful candidate will lead the development of the Apton super-resolution platform workflow, reagents, consumables and assay development. She/he will oversee a team of scientists and engineers to plan, schedule and deliver development milestones for the Apton platform. The ideal candidate has extensive experience leading sequencing assay development teams across the product development lifecycle. The VP of Product Development will report to the Chief Technology Officer and be a member of Apton’s executive team.
- Lead and coach a multidisciplinary high-performing team of scientists, engineers, and research associates in working cross-functionally toward development goals
- Deeply understand and bring to the development process deep knowledge of next -generation sequencing user experience to guide assay workflow development
- Co-create and translate product requirements into clearly defined and scheduled development plans
- Optimize, forecast and manage assay cost of goods
- Lead development of nucleic acid-based assays including assay optimization, chemistry, and workflow
- Develop bill of materials to manufacturing partners for reagent kit development
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific discipline preferred
- 15+ years of experience in product and assay development
- Experience in NGS sequencing workflow, chemistry and assay development required
- Experience leading and managing assay development teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to convey experimental design & results to a diverse audience of technical, development and management audiences
Apton Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer.