Lead Data Analyst / Bioinformatic Scientist
Nucleic Acid Sequencing Development
The successful candidate will play a key role in the company’s sequencing data analysis and algorithm development. He or she will work directly with surface chemists, biochemists and SW developers to support development of a high-throughput, low-cost sequencing platform. Position seniority commensurate with candidate experience.
Primary R&D activities and responsibilities
- Designs, plans and executes sequencing development and optimization experiments
- Develops a strategy for integration with sequencing substrate
- Supports the surface chemistry and hardware teams to improve system performance
- Works closely with the data anlaysis team to specify and create reports to monitor system performance and set criteria for system optimization
- Build, supervise and mentor a biochemistry team as the company grows
- Act as a liason with the software development team to specify instrument control UI and functionality
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, informatics, computer science, or related field.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in data analysis or bioinformatics, preferably in sequencing applications
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience with data analysis, visualization and interpretation
- Very large dataset manipulation a must
- Programming and database experience and skills a strong plus
- Expertise in NGS data analysis and algorithm development highly desirable
- Experience with optimizing the performance of a biological system a strong plus
- Familiarity and comfort with the fast-paced startup environment and culture
Information for recruiters
Apton Biosystems will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a signed recruiting agreement in place between Apton and the recruiter or agency prior to the submittal and the candidate is submitted for a specific requisition as requested by Apton. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Apton by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement, Apton explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.